No Crop option

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

redlenses

No Crop option

Post by redlenses »

Right now the crop options are Automatic or Custom.

I'm requesting you add a "None" or "No Crop" option.
If I have a custom preset I define, I'd like to be able to set it for no cropping instead of the current process of having to pick custom and zero everything out for every file I encode.
Deleted User 11865

Re: No Crop option

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

redlenses wrote:If I have a custom preset I define, I'd like to be able to set it for no cropping instead of the current process of having to pick custom and zero everything out for every file I encode.
If you set cropping to "Custom 0/0/0/0", choose your other settings and then create your preset, cropping will stay at 0/0/0/0. You probably have to choose a picture size other than "None" when you save the preset for this setting to stick though.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Rodeo wrote: You probably have to choose a picture size other than "None" when you save the preset for this setting to stick though.
Exactly, when you select "None" HB uses no picture settings in the preset, they get totally ignored.
redlenses

Post by redlenses »

Hmm I'm having trouble following the advice you've given.

The Windows client (which I'm using) doesn't seem to let you set a picture size - it says "Select a Title" and grays out the Width/Height - what am I missing?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You have anamorphic enabled.

Anamorphic won't allow you to alter width or height, loose anamorphic will only allow you to alter width.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

...not that it matters, since cropping is still available in anamorphic...
redlenses

Post by redlenses »

OK so to revise my request:

Is it possible to add a "None" or "No Crop" radio button/drop down option that is saved as part of a custom preset regardless of other picture settings (like anamorphic, size, etc).
If so, I'd like to request that this be added.

Use Case: I'm archiving a DVD TV series, have all my settings the way I want them. For each VOB I reencode I have to zero out the Crop - that's the only setting I have to fiddle with. It would be nicer if I could make the no crop part of my preset and just queue up my reencoding in a rapid manner.
belloq
Bright Spark User

Post by belloq »

Redlenses,

Perhaps you're misunderstand, or perhaps there is a different between Mac/Win GUI (which I doubt, but possible). Before you create your preset, make sure that you have selected Custom crop with 0/0/0/0. On my machine (Mac) this saves in the presets and I can see 1) the settings in the presets file with autocrop (PictureAutoCrop) set to 0 (false) and all the crop settings (PictureTop/Bottom/Left/RightCrop) are all set to zero.

Now, add a new preset, and select to "use current picture size" in the box which comes up when you click to add a preset, along with settings like the name of the preset, comments, etc.

When I click on this preset for more encodes, my crop settings are also set to zero.
redlenses

Post by redlenses »

Can you please move this request to Ponies\Windows GUI ?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

FYI, The WinGUI stores no crop if the "use picture size" checkbox is checked on the Add Preset dialog.
This is only in SVN code, not 0.9.3 iirc.