[PATCH] WinGUI Patches

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

s55
HandBrake Team

Re: WinGui: Small icon for Queue window Re-Add Current Job

Post by s55 »

You'd save yourself some time if you just created a single post with a list of the smaller things you spot which needs sorted.

I'll take a look at it in the morn.
ExDeus

Re: WinGui: Small icon for Queue window Re-Add Current Job

Post by ExDeus »

Absolutely, I will bundle the small stuff in future.

I tried to bundle the related matters, and this probably should have gone in my other thread. Some development communities prefer to keep separate issues, no matter how small, completely separate, and others want to keep the proliferation of threads, silos, communications, etc., to a minimum. I'm still learning how this community operates.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: [PATCH] WinGui: Correct destination filename & other cleanup

Post by s55 »

s55
HandBrake Team

Re: [PATCH] WinGui: Prompt to confirm GUI closing

Post by s55 »

http://trac.handbrake.fr/changeset/2260
Is this something others would want, or would find annoying? Is it worth adding a config option to enable/disable it?
I figure if it ends up bothering me, I'll add it, otherwise I don't feel it's worth the effort.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: [PATCH] WinGUI Patches

Post by s55 »

All patches merged into a single thread. Please keep patches to this thread, it'll save cluttering up the dev forum.
ExDeus

Post by ExDeus »

http://handbrake.fr/pastebin/pastebin.php?show=508

The default psy-rd value is 1.0. This patch sets the GUI slider to the default (10 for the slider) so it matches the text display when no psy-rd value is specified.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

siuengr

Post by siuengr »

Should line 658 in QueryParser.cs be changed from

Code: Select all

Match videoFramerate = Regex.Match(input, @"-r ([0-9]*)");
to

Code: Select all

Match videoFramerate = Regex.Match(input, @"-r ([0-9].*)");
so it loads the videoFramerate correctly when it is set to a framerate with a decimal place by the preset.

I have noticed that if the preset is set to 29.97 it will default to "Same as Source" or 29 instead of "29.97"
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Yup, it should be. Thanks.
ExDeus

Post by ExDeus »

http://handbrake.fr/pastebin/pastebin.php?show=529
  1. A few fixes for destination filenames:
    • Separated the filename from the initial directory before showing the save dialog. This way, even if there is bad or no directory info, the filename is preserved.
    • Changed the check for the destination path. With a previous fix, the user could still get an exception if they removed the file extension.
    • Added manual file extension check. FileDialog.AddExtension doesn't work well with filenames containing dots.
  2. Changed DVD_Save.CheckFileExists to .OverwritePrompt. CheckFileExists only lets you save if a file does already exist. I've made an assumption that OverwritePrompt is what is desired, where the user is prompted to overwrite an existing file.
  3. Created a new public function frmMain.setContainerOpts() to enable/disable the MP4 container options whenever the file format, video encoder, or preset is changed. This is based on the file format selection, not the destination filename. If the user picked a different extension or no extension, it was possible to get into a scenario where the container options wouldn't enable when MP4 or M4V was selected.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Checked in.