Multiple Video Sources on Handbrake?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
xanders

Multiple Video Sources on Handbrake?

Post by xanders »

Hi Guys,

Handbrake is capable to handle more than one source? I mean I had 60 AVI files, can I add all those files to the Queue?

OS could be any of those Mac, Linux or Windows.

Thanks. :D
rhester
Veteran User

Re: Multiple Video Sources on Handbrake?

Post by rhester »

Manually, yes - you are better off doing it via script.

Rodney
xanders

Post by xanders »

rhester wrote:Manually, yes - you are better off doing it via script.

Rodney
I see that in http://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/CLIGuide there's a shell script for batch queued. this will work? because i will like

./HandBrakeCLI -i %FileName -o %FileName --preset="Apple TV"

and every time that the CLI finish with a file execute the other file. I never been created a shell script so I'm guessing. If you can point me in the right direction it will be great :D

Thanks
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Teaching shell scripting is well beyond the scope of this forum, but there are a number of ready-made examples of bash and other scripted solutions already in the forums.

Rodney
xanders

Post by xanders »

Rodney,

Yesterday i was playing with shell script's :( and I'm not good at that but never mind :lol: . but also y did a test with the Linux GUI 9.3 binary, I Scan a AVI file and set my preferences and then added to the Queue, Scan Another AVI file do the same and added to the Queue when I Hit Start both of the AVI file where ripped :?: .

I Don't know the other OS but in Linux Works at least with AVI files I'm gonna make a test using different types of files to see if works. It's just for letting you know.

Thanks and Cheers. :wink:
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Of course you can manually add all 60 to the queue, I thought you were looking for a slightly more automated solution. =)

Rodney
xanders

Post by xanders »

:lol:

I misunderstood you're first response. I thought that the only way to do it it was using the HandbrakeCLI not the GUI. I don't mind to add all manually to the GUI and leave alone the Computer.

Thanks Rodney.