Problem with sound

Archive of historical development discussions
Discussions / Development has moved to GitHub
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

zaphodmcmillan

Problem with sound

Post by zaphodmcmillan »

I am successfully using the beta built to rip dvd as h.264 for my ipod.

I have tried to rip some home burnt DVD's using it, it detects the audio track as unknown mpeg, and no matter how I rip the dvd (mpeg h.264, any other setting options) I get destroyed sound. However if I use the official build then it gets the sound with out any problems.

Does anyone have any suggestions
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Frankly not sure with that one. I will have to try it and see. What do you mean by "Home Burnt" ? Do you mean DVD's made with iDVD or something?
zaphodmcmillan

Post by zaphodmcmillan »

The ones I am having problems with are burn with toast with source from eyetv.

If there is anyway in which I can help you with this please say
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

zaphod,
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I assume you are using the version contained at this sites svn.

If not, then you really need to use the Official Handbrake Forum as this is not a replacement for that forum http://multics.dynalias.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5 .

However, if you are having the problem with the version 70 from this site, you should try it with the official release of handbrake and see if it has the same issue. If so, you will want to get support on that site to see if there are any workarounds. I am not familiar with the cell architecture, etc. of the DVD you are talking about.

What I am trying to say is that this is just for the new development version and it is up to you to determine if this is a problem for HB in general or just this development version at this sites svn.

If this problem exists in HB in general you will want to address it in the Official HB forums http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/.

That is about the best I can do right now for you until we make a new version "Official".

Other developers correct me if I am wrong on this one...
zaphodmcmillan

Post by zaphodmcmillan »

I am using the unoffical build that was posted here.

I have tried it in the offical build of handbreak, and it works without a problem
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Hmmm. Did you use the same settings for both the official version and this one?

Using 0.7.1a (this version) were you using the New h.264 baseline 3.0 setting or one of the "Old" settings? If you were using the new setting, then maybe you could try using this test version using the same settings you used in the "Official" version so we can tell if the problem only lies when choosing the new iPod h.264 format or it is a problem throughout this version of HB.

I know its a pain, but, thats what happens when you get into development and test versions of software :) .
zaphodmcmillan

Post by zaphodmcmillan »

I have tired using all settings, on the 0.7.1a (including mpeg, rather than h.264)

I am really greatful for this build, that allows me to get my videos to my ipod at the higher quaility. So really don't mind a few problems

And many thanks for all you guys are doing
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Thanks for testing it out.
We will have to look into it as soon as we get the other stuff ironed out. Particularly the h.264 Level 3.0 Intel memory leak. That is paramount right now in my opinion.
zaphodmcmillan

Post by zaphodmcmillan »

ok thanks