Mediafork UI design !

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
MacFly

Mediafork UI design !

Post by MacFly »

i find the hanbrake UI design was much better then now woth mediafork

having to change for audio and video is annoying.
Why has this be done this way ?

What do other think about this change ?
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

I quite liked the single frame too, but I think we're in a minority :)
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Looks like :P
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

With our new features being added. Do you have any idea how big one window would have to be to be able to contain them all ?
Nonsanity

Post by Nonsanity »

I'm all for having more things on one page, but there is limited screen real estate (think 13" laptop screens, etc) so compromises need to be made.

One thing I'd like to see that should fit fine, is to change the purely informational text for the Preview window settings to be changeable on the main window.

So instead of "Deinterlace: off" it would be a "[ ] Deinterlace" checkbox, same as in the Preview pane. This way, if you know you need to interlace (a boxed set of I Love Lucy episodes or something that you KNOW weren't shot in progressive mode) you don't have to bring up the Preview pane and wait for it to render a frame.
MacFly

Post by MacFly »

dynaflash wrote:With our new features being added. Do you have any idea how big one window would have to be to be able to contain them all ?
i can understand this but keeping main settings in one window with an associate button for advanced settings would be much better.

In the MediaforkUI design subtitlres are under the audio tab ! hmm ;)

Good Work anyway let's go for the next version
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

MacFly wrote:In the MediaforkUI design subtitlres are under the audio tab ! hmm ;)

Good Work anyway let's go for the next version
Subtitles = a video representation of the audio track (so to speak), we went back and forth on that one and used the audio tab for mediafork for one reason. Available real estate. Its that simple.