Bittorrent downloads?

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

jumpfroggy

Bittorrent downloads?

Post by jumpfroggy »

I searched but I didn't seem to find any mention of it. I'm attempting to download the latest Handbrake binary for windows, but it's currently downloading at 5kb/s. It's be great to have a .torrent download for the most recent releases. Is this possible or desirable?

Thanks, look forward to trying out this program (currently using DVDfab + AutoGK, but I want to try out a one-step program).
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Not something we have planned. No need when the server has 100mbit pipe. Its either your service provider or internet congestion thats slowing the download as the download server is nowhere near utilitsed.

Just pulled 10mbit off myself.

Just be patient. Its not a big file
jumpfroggy

Post by jumpfroggy »

I just figured it was a server capacity problem, but it looks like a congestion problem. For some reason it's giving me really slow downloads, while other sites are fine. Strange. I had downloaded it previously from work (fast there), so I just copied that instead. Thanks anyway.

s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Definatly not a server capacity problem. Most of the time utilisation is sub 10%.

My guess is its just congestion on the net or your isp is using a crappy peering partner.

Just outa interest. Who is your isp?
jumpfroggy

Post by jumpfroggy »

My ISP is Oceanic Time-Warner, going through Earthlink. From ARIN:

EarthLink, Inc. ERLK-CBL-TW-WEST3 (NET-64-203-0-0-1)
64.203.0.0 - 64.203.63.255
EARTHLINK, INC ERLK-TW-HAWAII03 (NET-64-203-16-0-1)
64.203.16.0 - 64.203.31.255

If you need more info, let me know what to find out.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

I was just curious. Someone on comcast mentioned slow downloads the other day again from the US. I'm curious if the routing is the same/similar.

All i can suggest is you grab a download manager plugin for for firefox an then open multiple connections.