what formats to use to rip dvds to apple tv?

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
xis4us

what formats to use to rip dvds to apple tv?

Post by xis4us »

getting an apple tv this wk. yeah!! would like to rip dvds 4 use. if i can bring the dvd into itunes, it should play. any suggestions?? don't be 2 techie, i usu need a tutorial. thanx!!!
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Well, as we have said a million times, we are not going to be giving any appleTV advice until a dev has one and we can test, test, test. So, until then, you will have to go with your own intuition ;).

Note: read some of these other threads on this forum regarding appleTV, many people are trying to make some educated guesses, but all of us are just waiting to get our hands on one just like you. So, your guess may be as good as ours!
xis4us

Post by xis4us »

thanx 4 the info. if u look at my profile, i just joined yesterday so b gentle. will share any info i get. will look at other threads 2. thanx
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

xis4us wrote:thanx 4 the info. if u look at my profile, i just joined yesterday so b gentle. will share any info i get. will look at other threads 2. thanx
Sorry, really didnt mean to jump on you at all. Perfectly legit question. As you can see on the sticky at the top of this forum we are just now getting to test with it.
madison

dvd to avi

Post by madison »

[Removed by Moderator] - Spam.
Account will be banned if this happens again!
gswhite

Re: dvd to avi

Post by gswhite »

madison wrote:I used Cucusoft iPod Video Converter Suite to convert dvd to avi , then output to ipod , it is wonderful , I downloaded it at http://www.oursdownload.com/convert-DVD ... video.html .
So no advertising there then and you don't happen to work for that company?

looks suspiciously like emails that were popping up on the AppleTV Forums on the Apple website.

Why would yu even post that on a Handbrake forum... ?? :twisted: