DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Tommy b

DOES IT ACTUALLY WORK

Post by Tommy b »

ive downloaded the version for mac 10.3.9 or higher. Ive ripped borat on to my mac and dragged it in to movies on itunes. My question is this. When i come to put it on to my ipod will i experience any possible problems or should evrthing be ok
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

Perhaps you should try actually syncing it to your iPod and seeing what happens, rather than expecting everyone to magically divine the settings you used and any potential protection on the Borat DVD you didn't defeat?

Also, please locate and fix your caps lock key - it appears to be stuck, at least when entering subjects.

Rodney
kevinbal

Post by kevinbal »

Is it wrong that the first thing I thought of when I read the title of this post was the SNL "Celebrity Jeopardy" episode with Sean Connery and the category "The Pen is Mightier".....

"But I've I got to know, Alex, does it really work? Will it mighty my pen is? I've wasted a pretty penny on products like this before."
baggss

Post by baggss »

I ripped Borat a few days ago using the settings listed in the tutorial in my signature. I oaded it on my iPod last night and it plays fine.
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

In fairness to the original poster, the same DVD is likely to be protected very differently (or not at all) in different regions. For instance, many R1 releases lack protection where the same movie in R2 is heavily protected...though there are as many exceptions as rules.

The only safe bet I've found so far is to assume all content is heavily protected and fully rip and strip it prior to transcoding.

Rodney
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

rhester wrote:The only safe bet I've found so far is to assume all content is heavily protected and fully rip and strip it prior to transcoding.
Personally, given typical encoding times. I apply this rule to all dvd's I encode. Sound advice worth heeding.
minxlj

Post by minxlj »

I ripped Borat region 2 DVD with Mediafork for Mac last night - it has no protection, and copied across to my iPod perfectly.