Windows problems

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
oneAustin

Windows problems

Post by oneAustin »

I'm using XP and Handbrake with sr55 GUI. I have tried ripping a DVD with Mpeg4, Xvid, and H.264 with various other settings. They all appear to work and go until completion, but the output files will not play on any player (quicktime, wmp, vlc).
When I rip to H.264, I can get audio on windows Media player only. I have tried different codec packs but nothing seems to change it. Has anyone else had this problem?
rhester
Veteran User

Post by rhester »

VLC doesn't use codecs at all - if HandBrake output won't play in VLC, something is clearly wrong.

What is the source material you are ripping and what are the exact parameters (resolution, bitrate, video and audio codecs, etc.) you are using to rip? (A screenshot might also be helpful.)

In addition, if you have access to mp4info from mpeg4ip, output from that against your ripped content would be extremely useful (assuming you are using an MP4 container versus AVI).

Rodney