Two Titles, One File

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
dballing

Two Titles, One File

Post by dballing »

I'm trying to rip a movie, which has done something "odd" and I don't know how to handle it.

Instead of having a single "2.5 hour" title, it has a 1.25 hour "Title 1" and a 1.25 hour "Title 2" (with Title 1, presumably, having control-codes to send it to title 2 when done, as I've never had to muck with it any of the many times I've watched it).

Is there any way to tell MediaFork/Handbrake to simply "write both of these titles to a single MP4"?

Going a step further, the ability to combine two discs (e.g., a two-disc concert DVD I have) into a single 3-hour MP4 would be sweet as well. But I suspect that's a bit tougher to manage.
golias
Enlightened

Re: Two Titles, One File

Post by golias »

dballing wrote:I'm trying to rip a movie, which has done something "odd" and I don't know how to handle it.

Instead of having a single "2.5 hour" title, it has a 1.25 hour "Title 1" and a 1.25 hour "Title 2" (with Title 1, presumably, having control-codes to send it to title 2 when done, as I've never had to muck with it any of the many times I've watched it).

Is there any way to tell MediaFork/Handbrake to simply "write both of these titles to a single MP4"?

Going a step further, the ability to combine two discs (e.g., a two-disc concert DVD I have) into a single 3-hour MP4 would be sweet as well. But I suspect that's a bit tougher to manage.
I think your best bet, in both cases, is to rip them as separate files with HandBrake, then merge the files using QuickTime Pro or something along those lines.
whimpers
Experienced

Post by whimpers »

Yes, or combine the DVD titles with DVD2OneX (choose 'add seamless title' : the '++' button) and then rip the combined VIDEO_TS folder with HandBrake. Choose another setting then single layer DVD if you don't want to recompress the combined movie with DVD2OneX (you will do that with HandBrake).