Small GUI tweaks

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

Sean

Small GUI tweaks

Post by Sean »

Escape key for closing the 'Picture Settings' sheet. It works in the first sheet (where you select a location of the Video_TS folder or DVD) but not in the picture settings window. The escape key should also close the preferences window, as well as cmd + w (close window keyboard shortcut).

Remember Settings - I think that most people always encode their movies in the same size and format, so it'd be great for HandBrake to save the destination and output settings instead of having Desktop always be the default location for example.

I looked in the planned features thread and didn't see either of these listed. I saw a line of text that said "Presets" planned for 0.90 but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

I use HandBrake every day for the past year, great app and I think these small tweaks would make it perfect. Please consider it. Thanks!
baggss

Post by baggss »

Presets will do what you want. Once you build the preset, you just click it and those settings are applied.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: Small GUI tweaks

Post by dynaflash »

Sean wrote:Remember Settings - I think that most people always encode their movies in the same size and format, so it'd be great for HandBrake to save the destination and output settings instead of having Desktop always be the default location for example.

I looked in the planned features thread and didn't see either of these listed. I saw a line of text that said "Presets" planned for 0.90 but I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

I use HandBrake every day for the past year, great app and I think these small tweaks would make it perfect. Please consider it. Thanks!
Sean, the presets Baggss is talking about are done in our svn, as well, I just checked in the remember destination for output you talked about here. Look for all of it in our next public release, until then, if you want, you can checkout our latest source and compile it yourself. Otherwise, as I said, it will all be in our next release.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Wow that's great to know, thanks!

Do you have a rough time frame on when the next public release is coming? Just curious.

edit: Good job on adding that by the way, it was my number one annoyance with HandBrake.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Sean, not sure, we have been batting that around for a few days now. Hopefully soon. As usual, some bugs to be worked out.
baggss

Post by baggss »

I suppose I should have specified that the presets were in the svn, huh?
lhotka

do the presets include video resolution?

Post by lhotka »

The presets sound great - do they include the video resolution? Right now I have to change it for each episode on a DVD (20-30 in some cases).
baggss

Post by baggss »

Yes, I believe they do.