Can't import into iTunes

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mconder

Can't import into iTunes

Post by mconder »

I have the new iPod Nano, latest version of iTunes, and latest version of Handbrake running on a PC. I used Handbrake to convert some DVD video (Decrypted Commercial) from a VIDEO_TS folder on my hard drive. I used the iPod Low-Res setting without changing any of the other settings. I now have an 800MB .m4v file on my hard drive and I can not get iTunes to import this file. If I try to open it in QuickTime it says, "a bad public movie atom was found in the movie."
mconder

Post by mconder »

Seriously, is anyone having this problem? I just rebuilt my OS, loaded the latest handbreak and iTunes and still have the problem. I choose iPod Low-Res and did not touch any of the other settings. What am I doing wrong?
daman123x
Novice

Post by daman123x »

what happens if/when you try to drag it into itunes? is it giving an error? how do you know it's not importing
mconder

Post by mconder »

I figured out that it's an issue with Vista, iTunes and ID3 tagging. I just retagged the file and it imported. Thanks!
daman123x
Novice

Post by daman123x »

really, im running vista and dont have this problem... what was it?
mconder

Post by mconder »

daman123x wrote:really, im running vista and dont have this problem... what was it?
I don't know. I just found in the information here
ht tp://rjoblog.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/itunes-mp4-tagger/

and it worked.