Destination?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Atlass

Destination?

Post by Atlass »

Ok, so I clicked on the DVD mirror for the source after I decrypted it, but what do I choose for the Destination? I am confused...
royone
Enlightened

Post by royone »

The destination is the file you want Handbrake to write.
Atlass

Post by Atlass »

So... The Source is the folder I want it saved to and the Destination is the video I want written in?
royone
Enlightened

Post by royone »

The source is the folder it will be reading from. It's usually named VIDEO_TS in the DVD file hierarchy.

Handbrake reads DVD video from the source directory and writes MP4 to the file specified as the destination.
Atlass

Post by Atlass »

So, what would I choose for the Destination? I figured the VIDEO_TS would be the source, but as far as where the destination is concerned, I am still confused. Sorry. I tried just choosing a folder to place it in, but it makes me choose a file. Can I just choose any regular video and it will make it into the source? Sigh...
daman123x
Novice

Post by daman123x »

no; handbrake does not support file-to-file coversion. it is specifically designed for DVD-to-file conversion. the source is a folder (usually VIDEO_TS) or an IFO/VOB file, and the destination is the file name you want to create.

Example (folder mode)
source: C:\dvdrips\Dude where's my car\VIDEO_TS
destination: c:\movies\Dude, Where's My Car.m4v
Fr3nzy

Post by Fr3nzy »

Ok, so I am having a real problem figuring out the whole source & destination thing. Where do I get the file I need to put for source and as well for destination? I read that other destination guy's problem, but the explanations didn't help me at all. Please, in simplified yet elaborate terms, explain the source and destination file thing. I already used DVD Decrypter on the DVD, so then what do I do with the file that DVD Decrypter provides? Is that my source? Is that the destination? I just got a new iPod classic and I seriously NEED to figure this out so I can put my DVD library on it..
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/source
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/destination

Seriously, How is this so hard to work out. You get an "OPEN" file dialog on the source and a "SAVE" file dialog on the Destination. If you can't understand this, go take a computer course.
Last edited by s55 on Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Fr3nzy wrote:what do I do with the file that DVD Decrypter provides? Is that my source?
Bingo