.ubv file support

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Flash

.ubv file support

Post by Flash »

Is there a chance Handbrake will support .ubv files that are native to Ubiquiti Unifi Protect surveillance NVR’s?

Exporting raw files from the NVR is easy enough but nothing i’ve found supports playback or conversion or remux. There is an open source project here that essentially changes the container but is cumbersome to process large amounts of files. https://github.com/petergeneric/unifi-protect-remux

Ideally using Handbrake to create a profile and queue 100’s of files would be the best solution. Could support to Handbrake be added…?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: .ubv file support

Post by JohnAStebbins »

ubv is a proprietary format for which there is no specification. And in my quick search nobody has reverse engineered the format yet either. So support not easy and unlikely. It would require a lot of effort by someone to reverse engineer this.
Flash

Re: .ubv file support

Post by Flash »

Thank you for the concise response John. It does make sense and demand for this I presume is low so understand that it may never be supported by Handbrake based on your information.