When will 1.7 flatpak be available?

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
WadeMasshardt

When will 1.7 flatpak be available?

Post by WadeMasshardt »

Thank you to the HandBrake team for their hard work, just wondering if there is any estimate for when the flatpak for version 1.7 will be available.
WadeMasshardt

Re: When will 1.7 flatpak be available?

Post by WadeMasshardt »

OK, well, that's embarrassing. I've been watching flathub, which is currently offering 1.6. Turn out, if I had simply clicked the downloads, then the link for the flatpak supplied directly from handbrake.fr, I would have it.
CodySydney

Post by CodySydney »

Did you check that it's actually running 1.7.0 after the install? I ran through the usual methods and my Kubuntu 23.10 kept reinstalling 1.6.1 even if I used the software manager to install the 1.7.0 download file.

The only method that worked was when I actually read the instructions, downloaded the flatpak file and used "flatpak --user install HandBrake-1.7.0-x86_64.flatpak". Even installing through the flathub just reinstalled 1.6.1.

I only add this here in case it helps someone else out.
cudencuden
New User

Post by cudencuden »

bookworm arm64 is still 1.6.. doing flatpak --user install HandBrake-1.7.0-x86_64.flatpak gets 1.7 íntalled but with warning of "apply_extra script failed" .. and you cannot run the installed flatpak 1.7 version...using raspberry pi 4, debian bookworm
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

The flathub package was submitted yesterday. It takes some amount of time after submission for it to become available on flathub. It is available now.