Formatting on mp4 changes the file to title..

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jmusich1@gmail.com

Formatting on mp4 changes the file to title..

Post by jmusich1@gmail.com »

Description of problem or question:

When I change a file from mkv to mp4 in Handbrake. The actual title disappears. The title is presented on replay as mono or stereo when viewing through my Roku Ulta.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Formatting on mp4 changes the file to title..

Post by Woodstock »

As I understand the Roku, it reads the title from the file being played, avoiding reading the TRACK title. So you have to make sure the encode includes the title IN the file, which can be a problem with early versions of handbrake.

What version of handbrake are you talking about here?
jmusich1@gmail.com

I am using i.5.1 on Mac osx 11.7.2 on an imac. I might be still trying to report correctly what is happening.Here goes agian. I am sharing from a WDMyClould Elite using the twonky server to my Roku Ultra. I am speaking about movie or cartoon files. The correct file name is visible on the WD drive. If I bring a mkv file and opt to have it out put as an Mp4 the correct title appears in the title window of Handbrake. When i drop the converted file onto my WD Drive the correct title appears. When I open the roku media server and navigate to the WD drive. The converted file is either stero or mono. Older files which I have converted with an old version of Handbrake retain the correct titles through all the steps listed. I am concluding that I have not done something correctly in the conversion step.
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Post by Ritsuka »

Roku is reading the titles of the audio tracks. Which make no sense. You can use Subler to edit the mp4 and remove the titles.
jmusich1@gmail.com

Thanks I will look into Subler. Otherwise I will have to put up with the annoyance. But again the Roku is reading previously converted tracks correctly. This makes me think it is not the roku. Is there a setting in handbrake that will affect the change that possible I do not know about ? Thanks
jmusich1@gmail.com

The title I see in Handbrake is the title of what I am converting. I should add that the title I am converting is an Mp4 but will not play in quicktime unless I run it through handbrake. It will however play in vlc. Thanks
jmusich1@gmail.com

Dows anyone have expereince wiuth Subler ? Thanks
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Yes.