Episodic Series Output File Naming

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
SDFrgre

Episodic Series Output File Naming

Post by SDFrgre »

How can I configure HB to output files in the standard S01E01, S01E02, etc. format?

I'm currently using "{date}-{time}-{source}-{title}S01E and then using Bulk Rename Utility to remove everything prior to S01E, and then to add sequential numbering after, but there's got to be an easier way

HandBrake version 1.6.1 (2023012300)

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Episodic Series Output File Naming

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake doesn't know the contents, other than the file name. If the file name contains the season and episode number, your inclusion of the title would show that. But it can't detect it within the file itself, and it doesn't break the title down into parts.
SDFrgre

Re: Episodic Series Output File Naming

Post by SDFrgre »

Thanks for your comment. I agree that Handbrake can't tell and being having to include the source and title in order to avoid the "multiple files in the same path" error certainly doesn't help accomplish my goal. I just wanted to get some help from those who better understand the file naming mechanics and can help me be creative in using both the built-in tags and S01E to minimize the extra work involved afterwards.