Output Files, Automatic naming of Framerate & dimensions (Feature request)

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
DierenwinkelDoc

Output Files, Automatic naming of Framerate & dimensions (Feature request)

Post by DierenwinkelDoc »

Hello lovely volunteers!

Would it be possible to add Framerate & dimensions naming to the automatic naming tool?
At our company we name all of our files with the framerate and dimensions with it. So it would be super nice to be able to automate this!

If also possible, however this would be a plus. I would be more than happy if only the above request could be added! If you where able to remove parts of a file name and replace them.
For example we atm name our file like this "NameProject_Dimensions_xxFps_VersionNumber.mp4"
I would like to be able to remove the current dimensions & fps and replace them with the new smaller and compressed file. But keep the version number. However this might be too hard to do. Again this would be a plus but not necessary!

Much love,

DierenwinkelDoc

Handbrake 1.5.1
Using M1 Max, Ventura 13.2
Deleted User 11865

Re: Output Files, Automatic naming of Framerate & dimensions (Feature request)

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Regardless of whether this gets added or not, for this kind of workflow, you should probably learn to use the shell and HandBrakeCLI ;-)
DierenwinkelDoc

Re: Output Files, Automatic naming of Framerate & dimensions (Feature request)

Post by DierenwinkelDoc »

Oh I didn't know that existed! Thank you! @rodeo.
However I'm by far the most tech savvy of my team. Also I have very little experience with command line stuff but I will take a look at it!