How to pick up Multiple Video files recursively folders inside folders

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
manuce

How to pick up Multiple Video files recursively folders inside folders

Post by manuce »

Description of problem or question:

Windows plat form

I have folders inside folders that contains multiple video files and its quite painful to select each folder and drag and drop on the HB so that it can pick up all those videos files and add them to queue.

Is there a way where I can give it the main top folder and then it goes inside that folder and check recursively if there any folders inside this main folder that contains video file and add them to the queue?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

1) Create Main folder put some video files
2) Create another folder inside this main folder and put some video files
3) Drag main folder on the HB and it will only includes video files from main folder and will ignore the child folder files

Main Folder(Parent)----> Inside this main folder ---> Child Folder (Containing video files)

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

1.3.3 (2020061300)

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Window 10 64bit

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: How to pick up Multiple Video files recursively folders inside folders

Post by rollin_eng »

You will need to script the CLI.

viewforum.php?f=10
manuce

Post by manuce »

thanks do you know if someone has done this or is there any existing script I don't know how to do scripting unfortunately :(
polit23hb
New User

Post by polit23hb »

Hello,

In this case, I use the freeware Ant Renamer, in order to add the name of the folder to the filename. Then, I use the Windows search to extract the renamed files and put them in a new folder to load in Handbrake.

Best tegards

polit23hb