How to rip all pre-selected titles to their own files in one shot?

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
davebit

How to rip all pre-selected titles to their own files in one shot?

Post by davebit »

I bought an old DVD, I backed it up to an iso file, now I'm using HandBrake to rip the "episodes" (It's a short films collection), and upon opening the iso file, HandBrake automatically pre-selects 14 titles, I'm OK with the audio/visual selections being the same for them, but it appears it'll only rip one at a time, and I have to queue up each episode, and choose each one's file save title...

Is there a way to have it just rip them all to their own files named appropriately since it already auto-suggests a file save name for each one?

HandBrake version: 1.5.1 (2022011000)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

I'm wary of adding this because I'm not running into a troubleshooting issue, nothing is broken (I've been using HandBrake for years, I'm just not seeing how to do this one cool thing I'd like), and I don't know what's in the log files that could be too much information.
davebit

Re: How to rip all pre-selected titles to their own files in one shot?

Post by davebit »

Thanks, however, I think that documentation is outdated, and missing something...

> "On Windows, select All Selection to Queue from the Queue menu to add all Titles."

The 'Queue' menu doesn't have an "All Selection to Queue" option...

https://imgur.com/a/TUNl4Zu

However, I noticed the 'Add to Queue' button right-side down-arrow was clickable and has what looks like the same option, named "Add All" (Ctrl+A):

https://imgur.com/uPLkhSl

Is that what's meant?

Regardless, trying that gives error "There are jobs on the queue with the same destination path. Please choose a different path for this job. Do you with to proceed trying to add the rest? Yes or No" (and the X button at the top right doesn't work):

https://imgur.com/EMeJ0ee

So... it seems to not just work automatically, intelligently, maybe the docs are wrong, or I didn't click something else I needed to first, or I still have to manually specify each new video file title... here's my settings anyway:

https://imgur.com/m2BewjD

Note that there's no OK/Cancel buttons in the settings window... I accidentally clicked a checkbox (clicking into the window because the form field expands horizontally all the way to the right), and if I hadn't noticed it right away, I might have closed the window (by clicking X at the top right) without realizing it was saving with an undesirable option. There really should be OK and Cancel buttons (preferably also with an Apply button). Also, the size of that window is at it's minimum, for whatever reason I can't shrink it further even though it has a scrollbar on the right.

So, I don't know, seems like there's multiple problems here with the interface and docs and maybe even the functionality... I'm a little confused at this point, and still having to manually set titles and add to queue for 14 titles.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: How to rip all pre-selected titles to their own files in one shot?

Post by mduell »

davebit wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:02 pm HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

I'm wary of adding this because I'm not running into a troubleshooting issue, nothing is broken (I've been using HandBrake for years, I'm just not seeing how to do this one cool thing I'd like), and I don't know what's in the log files that could be too much information.
I guess you didn't read the bold underlined link a pink background at the top of the page for the list of reasons why we need the log.