No add srt option

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
GeeM

No add srt option

Post by GeeM »

Description of problem or question:

I just downloaded HANDBRAKE FOR WIN10 64 BIT, and there is no add srt option in subtitle. is this just me?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
GeeM

Re: No add srt option

Post by GeeM »

I figured it out...option is still there, just worded differently.
GeeM

How do I add subtitles on Avatar that only show when Navi is being spoken?

Post by GeeM »

I have Game of Thrones that shows subs when the other languages are being used, How do I set subs to work only when a foreign language is being spoken?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

THAT depends on which version of Avatar you are talking about. On the version I have, Navi is built in to the video, so you don't want handbrake adding in any subtitle track. Others, it's a separate track for English, or English+Navi.

If you're doing subtitles from SRT files, you're at the mercy of whoever created the SRT file.
GeeM

Post by GeeM »

I take it you mean that the studio added the English subs when Navi is spoken, as I know there is no subtitle file in Navi. I have the extended version (7.38 GB) .
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

The official source for the file isn't going to have SRT subtitles, though. It will have either DVD or Bluray choices, limited to the official distribution disks as language. A 7.3GB file size is weird, because it's near the limit for DVD, but the lack of a log makes it hard to tell what you're seeing.
GeeM

Post by GeeM »

It's the extended version, 1080p, and is the largest mkv file on my harddrive.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

That is flat-out weird. The BD version of Avatar is 10GB after handbrake shrinks it. Almost 8GB and 1080p means it's had compression done before-hand.

The original BD came with two subtitle tracks for each language. There was a "full" track, and a non-human track that was much smaller. What you're after is the non-human track for your language. And I cannot say where you'll find it for the video you have.