DVD conversion

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
skamaroh

DVD conversion

Post by skamaroh »

Hello. Please tell me how you can convert a DVD. So that the output is one file. Or is that not possible?

skamaroh

Re: DVD conversion

Post by skamaroh »

skamaroh

Post by skamaroh »

It's all figured out. Yes, you can. But at first for some reason the program did not want to convert. Tell me, is it possible to insert a logo into the video?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Sure, if you render it as a bitmap subtitle and mux it in the source.
skamaroh

Post by skamaroh »

Thank you so much.
danielcody

Post by danielcody »

I'm hijacking the thread with a question about ripping DVDs:

I have a 3 hour instructional DVD I'm trying to rip. After scanning, it breaks down into several dozen titles to encode, some being long, and some being only about a minute or two. Some of those very short titles are unnecessary credits or transitions, but most are actually demonstrative and necessary to have. Is if there is any way for handbrake to encode all titles in one go? It's very tedious and time-consuming to individually encode each title manually as it requires continued attention.

I have tried selecting each to add to the queue then encode, but it won't let me, saying that some jobs have the same path so I need to change the path, but I want them all output into the same folder. I've tried selecting the full range of chapters, but it only encodes the selected title and none others.

Is there something I'm missing? I've searched for instructions on doing it and watched youtube videos, but it still doesn't work.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

danielcody

Post by danielcody »

Thanks rollin_eng, that seems to do the trick. None of the other tutorials I found had that crucial bit of information.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Who would have thunk the Handbrake team might know what they are talking about :wink:
danielcody

Post by danielcody »

Didn’t know you were part of the team, but it’s really cool that you’re here to answer questions and give the exact remedy to a dumbass question like the one I asked. I really appreciate it. ❤️
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

I'm not part of the team, but the people who wrote the documentation are.