queue finished with 2 errors or cancellations detected

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
J&S

queue finished with 2 errors or cancellations detected

Post by J&S »

Description of problem or question:
Trying to reduce the size of 4K UHD movies say from 50+ GB down to around 15-25GB
I have a problem that when ever I try to encode ANY movie, Hanbrake runs for like 1-1.5hrs and then stops and leaves me with a files around 3-7GB.
I get the message "queue finished with 2 errors or cancellations detected" other times "queue finished with 1 errors or cancellations detected"
I've been mucking with this for 2 weeks now trying different settings, different movies, uninstalled reinstalled the program but I still get the same error ...its doing my head in big time, can someone please help find what the problem is?
What am I doing wrong?

HandBrake version (1.5.1)

Operating system and version ( Windows 10 )

HandBrake Activity Log ***required***

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fin5vb1o8d9ln ... 9.txt?dl=0
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: queue finished with 2 errors or cancellations detected

Post by Woodstock »

First thing I'd try is turning on hardware DECODE. The QSV decoder is known to be less tolerant of video aberrations than the software encoder.
J&S

Post by J&S »

Hi Woodstock
Thanks for your suggestion but I just tried again and I still get the same error "queue finished with 2 errors or cancellations detected"

Pre-set I selected > H.265 MKV 2160p60
Then I only changed the following settings ...
all filters > turned off ( I turned off interlace and de-interlace) the rest were already turned off
changed video encoder > H.265 (Nvidia NVEnc)
framerate > same as source
audio > added all remaining tracks (2 tracks in total) and then selected passthrough for both of them (DTS-HD > DTS-HD passthrough and AC3 > AC3 passthrough)
subtitles > added all remaining tracks (3 tracks in total) and that's pretty much all I did before I hit start encode.
here is a copy of the log
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zbcf2v9ixfm6 ... 6.txt?dl=0
markfilipak
Bright Spark User

Post by markfilipak »

I am getting 'Queue Finished with 3 errors or cancellations detected.'

I searched the log and found nothing related to that or to 'Queue Finished' or to 'Queue'. The docs were not help.

What does it mean?
markfilipak
Bright Spark User

Post by markfilipak »

Aha! I discovered what it means in this particular instance. I didn't use the queue since installing HB, yesterday, however, the previous source videos were in the queue. When I clicked... "Continue Queue"? ...or something like that -- the button did not say "Start Encode" -- they were skipped but I got the notification 'Queue Finished with 3 errors or cancellations detected.'

This last time I transcoded a source video, I queued it and when I looked at the queue, it was obvious what the '3 errors or cancellations' meant. I cleared out the old enqueued jobs and my latest run ended with no such notice.

Until yesterday, I hadn't used HB for about 2 years. It's a wonderful transcoder but it has its quirks. One of them is that it always transcodes (decodes then encodes video), even when remuxing is all you really need (such as when changing just the fps, or recoding audio for sync, etc).
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

markfilipak wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:12 pm Until yesterday, I hadn't used HB for about 2 years. It's a wonderful transcoder but it has its quirks. One of them is that it always transcodes (decodes then encodes video), even when remuxing is all you really need (such as when changing just the fps, or recoding audio for sync, etc).
Handbrake is a video encoder…therefore it encodes video!

If you need to do other things, like muxing, use a muxing tool. FFmpeg can usually do what you describe.