Chapternames in english, not in my native language

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Orthos

Chapternames in english, not in my native language

Post by Orthos »

Hello! :)

Description of problem or question:

The chapternames are always in english. e.g. Chapter 1, Chapter 2, ..., but I want them in my native language. So I Import before every start a CSV file with the correct language, to overwrite that.

example of the CSV file:

1,Kapitel 1
2,Kapitel 2
3,Kapitel 3
4,Kapitel 4
5,Kapitel 5
6,Kapitel 6
7,Kapitel 7

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

1.4.2 but also older versions

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10

Is there a way to set the chapternames to German as default? I don´t want to import the CSV file every time I start encoding.

Kind regards
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Chapternames in english, not in my native language

Post by s55 »

If you set the UI to use your native language (assuming we have a translation for it), it'll also change the chapters tab.

That said, not all languages have 100% coverage so if it still says "chapter", it just means the community translation is incomplete.
Orthos

Post by Orthos »

s55 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:24 pm If you set the UI to use your native language (assuming we have a translation for it), it'll also change the chapters tab.

That said, not all languages have 100% coverage so if it still says "chapter", it just means the community translation is incomplete.
My UI is already in German language. Is there a way to complete the translation?

Kind regards
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

If you wish to contribute to translation, please see https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/ ... N.markdown

Over time, as translations improve, we do import the updates which become part of newer releases.
Orthos

Post by Orthos »

I saw this here: "German - 100% 0 strings to translate" -> Do I really have to sign in when I only can/want to correct one word ("Chapter" to "Kapitel")? I wouldn´t ask if there where more to do. But I will do it for one word if it help you (and of course me -> no import anymore), and my post isn´t enough! :)

Is the account free for me? -> "Get started with a free Transifex account ->15 days free trial. No credit card required."

Kind regards
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

s55 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:17 pm If you wish to contribute to translation, please see https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/ ... N.markdown
Aren't default chapter names set by libhb?
Orthos

Post by Orthos »

Rodeo wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:52 am
s55 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:17 pm If you wish to contribute to translation, please see https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/ ... N.markdown
Aren't default chapter names set by libhb?
So anything I can do?
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

@Rodeo -> No.

Transifex is free for open source projects and no cost to translators of HB. So nothing to pay for.

It may be that the German translation has since been updated so it no longer requires any updates. Hopefully that means our next release will include everything. Guessing 1.4.x just didn't have the particular string localised.
Orthos

Post by Orthos »

s55 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:57 pm It may be that the German translation has since been updated so it no longer requires any updates. Hopefully that means our next release will include everything. Guessing 1.4.x just didn't have the particular string localised.
The chapternames are still in english in the lastet release.

Regards
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

german.PNG
german.PNG (5.47 KiB) Viewed 658 times
Looks fine to me.

Note, if your source has chapters in English, it may be using those.
Orthos

Post by Orthos »

I think you are right. If I open just a mp4 file it is in German. A DVD or Blu Ray has again "Chapter ...".

But I'm surprised that all the tested German DVD's and Blu Rays show "Chapter ...". If all chapter names on the media are in English, a button or automatic (setting) to rename them in "Kapitel ..." would be helpful, if it is not to much work???