Log file always indicates default preset was selected even though it was not

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
kgallagh

Log file always indicates default preset was selected even though it was not

Post by kgallagh »

Description of problem or question:

I selected the Android 720p30 preset but log shows Fast 1080p30 was used. I suspect this is just a display bug in the log file since the generated MP4 appears to be generated correctly.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

I observed this today when converting a VRO file (previously recorded years ago on a Panasonic DVR) to an MP4 file. But I suspect this probably isn't relevant.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

https://pastebin.com/80FncY0U
Deleted User 11865

Re: Log file always indicates default preset was selected even though it was not

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

The log is right, Fast 1080p30 is being used.

My best guess is, you're selecting the preset after adding the job to the queue, which won't work. Once a job is in the queue, its settings are fixed and completely unaffected by any changes you make in the main window.
kgallagh

Re: Log file always indicates default preset was selected even though it was not

Post by kgallagh »

You are correct. I figured that out late last night. It was one of those "Duh!" moments for me! In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna, "Nevermind."