I did my first conversion of a HDR video for a test and am confused about the result deisplayed by MediaInfo. I've compared the info of the source file with the resulting file. While there are several differences, many of them are probably correct due to conversion. However, there are some (that are related to HDR metadata, I think), that seem to be wrong. Here are some of them (first line is from source file, second from the resulting file):
Value for master-display seem to be mixed up / reversed: G in source = B in the result, B -> R, R -> Gchromaloc=1 / chromaloc-top=2 / chromaloc-bottom=2
hdr / hdr-opt / no-dhdr10-opt
hdr10 / no-hdr10-opt / no-dhdr10-opt
Not sure about the other values, but considering the release info, that HDR metadata is supposed to be the same, there seem to be some issues.
First I used my own preset, then I used one of the default presets with the same result rearding these data.
HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10 64bit
HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)
None of these values appear in the log file, it seems, so they seem to be irrelevant here.