Encoding for AppleTV--What's the best settings???

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
robertbroussard

Encoding for AppleTV--What's the best settings???

Post by robertbroussard »

I have ripped some personal DVDs via MTR and then ran them through HB with the default "AppleTV" settings and sometimes I did 2-pass encoding. Anyway, I would like to do a lot more ripping and I don;t want to have to do it again. Later this year I will by an AppleTV--now I'm just preparing my library. I would like the quality to be VERY good such that you cannot tell this is not the original DVD.

A few questions:

-Picture Setting. Why does it show that the Output (720 X 360) is smaller than the Source (720 X480)? Also, why does it show that the Anamorphic as 853 X 360? What does this mean? Am I losing quality by using these settings? What is recommended???

-Deinterlace. Should this be ON all the time? If so, what if the source is not interlaced--is this a problem?

-Average Bit Rate is 2500, is this recommended???

-Any other settings that I need to set for the best quality possible???

Thanks,

Robert
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Do NOT cross post. Your questions will be anwered in your other thread in the mac forum.

Locked.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

I just moved your other thread here in "Devices".

http://handbrake.m0k.org/forum/viewtopi ... 26f4a49568

Please do a search for AppleTV after you have read the documentation which answers your general questions. AppleTV settings of almost every permutation has been discussed at great length on these forums.