Handbrake Is LifeHacker's #1

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
redraiderbum
Enlightened

Handbrake Is LifeHacker's #1

Post by redraiderbum »

Although they do a ridiculous number of top 10's, I thought it would be nice to note that Handbrake received lifehacker's #1 Free video rippers, encoders, and converters.

http://lifehacker.com/software/lifehack ... 316478.php
Lant
Novice

Post by Lant »

Thats good, one of biggest problems when looking was finding a free windows dvd to mpeg4 converter. Thats because handbrake was very well hidden.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

bah, not only did they post a very out of date screenshot, they posted a link to a very old guide that no longer applies too.

bah.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

sr55 wrote:bah, not only did they post a very out of date screenshot, they posted a link to a very old guide that no longer applies too.

bah.
Yeah, I noticed that =(

They've basically given their #1 to HandBrake 0.7.1, and are ignoring all the work since February 2006.
redraiderbum
Enlightened

Post by redraiderbum »

Has someone made them aware of that?
redraiderbum
Enlightened

Post by redraiderbum »

It's still quite impressive that a relatively small group of developers have made such an amazingly effective, simple, and powerful encoder. I have not seen a non-free program that I would use even if it were free.
baggss

Post by baggss »

sr55 wrote:bah, not only did they post a very out of date screenshot, they posted a link to a very old guide that no longer applies too.

bah.
I just saw that. That annoys me.

I just e-mailed him the links for the updated ripping instructions.