DVD with hidden videos 'easter eggs'

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
zorlon9213

DVD with hidden videos 'easter eggs'

Post by zorlon9213 »

I have a DVD that I've converted using SuperHQ 480 preset, checking the m4v file I am not finding the 'hidden' video files that are included on the DVD. I was curious how one might go about extracting 'easter egg' type clips that are included on a DVD?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: DVD with hidden videos 'easter eggs'

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Depends on how the DVD was mastered, and what program you use to extract the files from that DVD.

Since handbrake isn't a disk ripper, it is not equipped to deal with such things.
DrXenos
Bright Spark User

Post by DrXenos »

zorlon9213 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:22 am I have a DVD that I've converted using SuperHQ 480 preset, checking the m4v file I am not finding the 'hidden' video files that are included on the DVD. I was curious how one might go about extracting 'easter egg' type clips that are included on a DVD?
If it's a video in the DVD menu, HandBrake won't "see" it. What I do in this case is use DVDShrink to create a new DVD folder with the video moved to a normal DVD title, then run that through HandBrake.