Newbie here, looking for potential ways to streamline my process

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cburns33
New User

Newbie here, looking for potential ways to streamline my process

Post by cburns33 »

Description of problem or question:
I just started my current job, and one of the tasks I have to consistently do is to upload a video, change the video to 5 different custom presets I have setup, change the file type from .m4v to .mp4, and then add the videos to my queue.

If I only had to do this a few times, then of course I wouldn't mind doing all of them individually. However, it seems that I will be repeating this process frequently. It also seems that no one else on my team has ever considered looking for ways to streamline this process. I guess what I had in my mind is some sort of way to do this in a .csv file then upload the file to HandBrake.

Hoping this makes sense. Apologies if this is an absurd or nonsensical question.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

I'd prefer to not share my activity log file due to potentially confidential company information in the file names and locations. If it is absolutely necessary, I will look for a solution.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Newbie here, looking for potential ways to streamline my process

Post by Woodstock »

Install the handbrake Command Line Interface. Use batch files. You can "convert" M4V to MP4 by using that extension on the output file name. They are the same thing.