Using HandBrake inside the Home LAN

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Phawkes
New User

Using HandBrake inside the Home LAN

Post by Phawkes »

Description of problem or question:

I Like to use HandBrake in my Homenetwork

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

in the source, ore the destination is it not posibel to use my NAS

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

1,3 distribution packege

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Kubuntu 10.19 and 20.04.01

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Where is HandBrake installed on your system? Systemdirektory
What HandBrake version are you using? 1.3
What operating system and version are you using? Kubuntu 20.04.1
What type of CPU are you using? Does it support Intel QuickSync Video? AMD Rysen 2600
What type of GPU are you using? What version of OpenCL does it support? AMD 590
Is HandBrake able to use your GPU for certain features? should be, no limitation manualy made
What is your display resolution? 1920*1080
What is your system’s temporary files directory? Is HandBrake able to use it? swap is about 37GB
Is HandBrake using dvdread or dvdnav for reading DVDs? no DVDs are in use
Is HandBrake able to open your Source? wenn the file is on an local disk there are no problems!! everything is fine in this case, but i like to decode direktly in the network and save the manualy copy progress
Is HandBrake able to detect the media type of your Source? What type (DVD, Blu-ray, MKV/MP4, etc.)? yes it is, an unprotected TS file
Is your Source a physical DVD or Blu-ray or a file on your computer? File in LAN
Is your Source unusable due to copy protection? No Protection for the file
What region is your DVD and does your DVD drive support this region? no DVD drive is in use
Does your Source contain multiple Titles? How many? How long is each one? Yes containes multiple Files each is about 45min
Is HandBrake able to parse and read each Title? What errors? yes i can read every File as long as they are not in the network
What video, audio, and subtitle tracks are in each Title? What codecs does each use? 1 Video 1 Autio no subtracks Codecs are corret selectet by automatik
Is there a video track? What frame rate and resolution is the video? normaly  HD TV resolution ( files are Made with an SAT box)
Is HandBrake able to detect and automatically remove (crop) black borders around the edges of your video? Never testet
Are there audio tracks? What language, sample rate, channel layout, and bit rate is each audio track? yes, german normal TV rate
Are there subtitles? What types and languages? no
Is HandBrake performing a foreign audio scan to find forced subtitles? Did it find any? yes works perfect ecepet in network
Are there chapter markers? How many? How long is each one? no capters 
What preset is being used for encoding? Is it an official preset? fast 576p25
What changes are made to the settings after selecting a preset? no
What are the final settings used for the encode? fast 576p25
Is HandBrake able to write to your Destination file? If not, why not? i can not open the destination because of lan problems
While encoding, is HandBrake able to read your entire Source without errors? local yes network no
Are there any problems with your Source’s timestamps? no
How many frames did HandBrake decode from the Source during encoding? More or less than expected? exact match of numbers
Is HandBrake dropping or duplicating frames to enforce a constant frame rate setting? How many frames of each? no
What is the average bitrate of each encoded track in the Destination? never checkt
Are HandBrake’s work threads finishing and exiting properly? yes
Is HandBrake leaking memory during encoding? no
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Using HandBrake inside the Home LAN

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

The idea is you post the log, to avoid having to answer all the questions ;)
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Handbrake works quite well with network resources, at least with Linux and Windows shares. I do it all the time, with both the source AND destination on my NAS, even while the same workstation is running MakeMKV to rip other disks.

Usually, issues have to do with user permissions on the LAN.

Logs, of course, would probably show what your LAN is complaining about.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Rendering video over WiFi to a NAS is something I don't recommend unless you're in the same room, and working over a dedicated channel.