Dark Mode & Larger Font for App Itself

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Dalt Wisney

Dark Mode & Larger Font for App Itself

Post by Dalt Wisney »

Greetings,

Thank you for this wonderful app. Honestly. Used it for years.

I'm using the current version for Windows 10 and wondering if there's any dark mode option? The ability to make the app darker and the fonts brighter? I'm also on a 2K screen and wish the app could scale up a little. Hard to read the small font.

Just curious and THANKS again.

DW
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Dark Mode & Larger Font for App Itself

Post by s55 »

Tools Menu -> Preferences -> General -> "Use The Dark theme ..."

Or, you can turn that off and use the High Contrast settings in Windows itself.

As for font size, It's not adjustable in-app, however it uses the system font size or larger. As such, would recommend changing the Windows Display Settings and change the Scale and Layout settings. As long as the equivalent resolution stays above our minimum system requirements, it should render fine.
Dalt Wisney

Re: Dark Mode & Larger Font for App Itself

Post by Dalt Wisney »

I looked for Dark Theme in preferences and couldn't find it. Then I'm like, wait, whenever I ask for support people say "Are you using the latest version?" -- which I typically am and so that step annoys me -- but THIS time I wasn't. And with the update came the DARK THEME. Nice. Thanks.

Unfortunately I already have the system scale and layout settings where they work best. I'll see if there's a tweak I missed.