Long Duration Video Transcoding Errors

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
PaulinNYC
New User

Long Duration Video Transcoding Errors

Post by PaulinNYC »

Description of problem or question:
I am trying to convert a long duration video 58 min out of Avid Media Composer. I export out of Avid various Quicktime formats; Avid DnX HD, standard .mov, etc and Handbrake will report errors at about 46 minutes and end abruptly.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
I can reproduce the problem any time

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10 64bit

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)
Errors reported but no info available out of activity log. It says activity log available after encoding is finished but job is done.

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Deleted User 13735

Re: Long Duration Video Transcoding Errors

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

Without the log, we've got a "cool story", but no way of knowing what happened. It could be as simple as you ran out of space on the device, or an issue with decoding the source, or a delayed-activation spell cast by a spirit magician.

FWIW, 58 minutes isn't a long duration around here.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

The story isn't even that cool :(