Suggestion on subtitles

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
grandemonio
New User

Suggestion on subtitles

Post by grandemonio »

Description of problem or question:

This I mean is not strictly a problem. It is rather a suggestion.

Will it be possible, in a future version of handbrake, to have the possibility to change the font of the subtitles? Or at least use one that looks better; some font that is not so fine, or that is bold. Because the one that defaults although it does not look bad, for some people it is difficult for us to see, because it is very fine; especially on devices like tablets or cell phones. Even on monitor it doesn't look that good.

For example .. the mkvtoolnix when you add a font to the mkv, puts a much better font, it looks better, it is even yellow, which in my opinion is better.

Well, as I said, this is a suggestion for you to consider. Thank you very much :D :wink:

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Suggestion on subtitles

Post by Woodstock »

If you check where suggestions like this are SUPPOSED to be posted (on github) you can find out that this is not a new request. It is not a high priority.