Can Handbrake do only the chapters without convert/transcode?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Zhilyana
New User

Can Handbrake do only the chapters without convert/transcode?

Post by Zhilyana »

Description of problem or question:
Hello. I'd like to know if Handbrake can just edit the chapters and Metadata without doing a full convert/transcode. If it can't then this is a suggestion for the next version, to edit/delete/create the chapter markers directly from the tab "Chapters" by a button or something on that tab that commits the chapters into the video file. My reason for suggesting this is because it's sadly tragic the only program I've found for editing/creating chapters in MP4 & MKV & M4V files was stopped being developed in 2012. It is called Drax. And it's also sadly tragic that so many or all of the DVD/BluRay authoring programs don't export chapter markers in the file in their File Export functions. Very thankfully Drax is still available for download at the "video help" website - videohelp -dot- com.

Thank you and have an awesome day,
Kirby

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
Handbrake version 1.3.3, Windows 64-Bit
Deleted User 11865

Re: Can Handbrake do only the chapters without convert/transcode?

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html can edit chapters and metadata for MKV files. I'm sure there are alternatives for MP4 files, though since you're using Windows I don't have any particular recommendation to make.

HandBrake is all about re-encoding, so it's not what you're looking for in this case.