setting up individual cues for AVCHD file with 27 chapters

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
henryjazz

setting up individual cues for AVCHD file with 27 chapters

Post by henryjazz »

I want to encode AVCHD videos that have 27 chapters. I want them separated into single videos but it comes out all as one, unless I do them one at a time. Can I set up an automatic cue for this? I used to open QT and export the video I wanted, but QT won't open it. Or do I have to set up individual cues?

I think this is a general question and not a troubleshooting request. I don't THINK I require an activity log. It's a general question.

HandBrake version 1.3.3

Catalina 10.15.3
Deleted User 13735

Re: setting up individual cues for AVCHD file with 27 chapters

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

I want to encode AVCHD videos that have 27 chapters.
That is an ambiguous statement. Do you have AVCHD BluRay source with 27 chapters, or do you want to make compliant AVCHD, which does not support chapters in the wild, and must be encoded in a nonlinear editor, not Handbrake? Such files could then be authored to BluRay structure, which supports menus, titles, and chapters, but again not in Handbrake.

Now do you see why encode logs are so important, and in fact, are required? Please feel free to post back when you have something.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
henryjazz

Post by henryjazz »

Thank you. Yes it is a AVCHD I have that has 27 chapters. I did read the how-to. But I don't have a technical problem so I don't see why providing a large activity log will help with the answer I'm seeking.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Because you "don't see why" doesn't mean they aren't required. Sorry we couldn't help you.