Cropping only

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
iamdannywyatt
New User

Cropping only

Post by iamdannywyatt »

Description of problem or question:
Hi,

Is there a way to just open a video and crop it without making any changes to the size and resolution? I really just want to crop it, but keep the same settings used in the original video. Every time I open Handbrake, a preset is selected and I'm not sure if it always converts the video to whatever settings is in that preset. There's no "None" in the preset's dropdown menu...
Sorry if my question is too "nooby", but I'm a musician and all the "technical" terms when it comes to video conversion is not something I'm 100% comfortable with, so go easy on me haha

Thank you! Really appreciate it!

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

I tried looking for the Log file, but there was none. I opened Handbrake, selected a Source, went to the path that is mentioned, but no file there...
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Cropping only

Post by Woodstock »

Not with handbrake. And the encoder has defaults that are present even if you don't select any; it isn't going to "read the video and do it like original", because there is no real way to tell how a video got where it is.