Quick Sync

Support for HandBrake on Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-like platforms
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mahdigh

Quick Sync

Post by mahdigh »

Please detail your question or problem in as much detail as possible:

Tell us about your environment. What version of HandBrake? What version of Linux / Unix are you running. etc.

If there was any exception or error displayed, please copy it and paste it here:

Please include the scan or encode log:

Code: Select all

Paste a log of the scan or encode between these code brackets, or use a pastebin website and provide us with the URL it gives you. 
 Logs are required for all support requests.
Hello

I have Hetzner Server with Intel® Core™ i7-6700 on it. Server OS is Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS Desktop Version. i compiled the handbrake latest version from source file and everything is ok. but theres no quick sync option in video tab. so i wanted to know if quick sync is supported in handbrake ubuntu version and if yes what should i do to enable it ?

Thanks in advance
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Quick Sync

Post by mduell »

QSV is Windows only in HB.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

Technically it's is but getting it working on Linux is a bit more involved and not tested
damian101

Post by damian101 »

When you install Handbrake with Flatpak you can add support for QuickSync Video by downloading the Flatpak QuickSync plugin from the Handbrake download page: https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php
The easiest experience with QuickSync support in Handbrake on Linux I had was with openSUSE, Handbrake from the Packman repository had QSV support out of the box, and KDE Discover offered the Flatpak QuickSync plugin in the store, so I could just install it with one click.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

The Intel MediaSDK plugin for HandBrake is also available on flathub.
damian101

Post by damian101 »

JohnAStebbins wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:06 pm The Intel MediaSDK plugin for HandBrake is also available on flathub.
It shows up in KDE Discover on openSUSE and Arch for me, but not in Gnome Software, and also not in KDE Discover on Ubuntu, which I find really weird. I also can't find it on flathub.org.