Existing Movie Settings

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Rabicdat

Existing Movie Settings

Post by Rabicdat »

I'm having issues now converting files in Handbrake v1.3.2 to watch on my media player that previous versions of Handbrake converted without issue.

What I would like to do is take an existing movie file I own, open in Handbrake, and save the movie settings, and use that as a preset for future conversions.

Sounds like a good idea but I can't see how to save a movie file settings once open in Handbrake.

Is this possible, and that I'm just missing the point?
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: Existing Movie Settings

Post by Woodstock »

Mostly missing the point; the key is to find out what the player specifically doesn't like.

What are you using to play the video?
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Doesn't really make sense given the range of possible settings and the small number that are relevant for playback compatibility.

Better to understand the limitations of the hardware you own and apply them specifically.
Rabicdat

Post by Rabicdat »

Hi,

I'm using a Netgear Neo 550 TV.
Up until a few Handbrake upgrades, it was faultless, now it converts but the Neo won't play them.

The user manual says it'll play mkv's, and it has done for many tears but the preset mkv's aren't working anymore which is really confusing.