Drag and Drop Doesn't Work

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
kamil

Drag and Drop Doesn't Work

Post by kamil »

Description of problem or question:

Dragging a file into the app does nothing. File(s) are not imported into queue.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

N/A

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Mac OS X 10.11.6 (15G22010

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Drag and Drop Doesn't Work

Post by mduell »

Well ain't that weird. Cool story bro.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

You can't drag/drop files onto the queue. That doesn't make sense.

You need to configure a job first, before adding it to the queue. You can only drag onto the main window to scan a source
kamil

Post by kamil »

s55 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:41 pm You can't drag/drop files onto the queue. That doesn't make sense.

You need to configure a job first, before adding it to the queue. You can only drag onto the main window to scan a source
Not the queue; into the app. In 1.2.2 I could drop an mp4 anywhere in the main screen of Handbrake and it'd load the file. Now it does nothing.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

It works here (Mojave)… might be an issue specifically affecting older macOS versions like El Capitan?
SimonCroft
New User

Post by SimonCroft »

I too have this problem. I have about 100 files I need to deinterlace and not being able to add them all to a Queue in one drop is making the process a little RSI-inducing! I'm using HB 1.3.2 on a Mac Pro running High Sierra.

HandBrake is a brilliant program, and it's getting me out of a real fix, so I'm grateful it even exists.