Once encoded, I can't find or use the file I "created&q

HandBrake for Mac support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
vaderlover88

Once encoded, I can't find or use the file I "created&q

Post by vaderlover88 »

I have tried encoding multiple discs, and they claim to be "done" encoding. I cannot find the file that I saved, however. It's as if it will not properly save the file to my computer, no matter where I tell it to.

Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious? I am aware of the "destination" bar, and have clicked "save" and searched in the proper places. I've even saved files to different places and performed file searches, to no avail.
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: Once encoded, I can't find or use the file I "creat

Post by dynaflash »

vaderlover88 wrote:I am aware of the "destination" bar, and have clicked "save" and searched in the proper places.
Why do I think you are on Windows, and if so, why are you posting in the Mac forum? The Mac Gui has no "Destination Bar" or "Save" command of any sort.
vaderlover88

Post by vaderlover88 »

I'm using a mac. I will make sure I downloaded the right version of handbrake...
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Once encoded, I can't find or use the file I "creat

Post by jbrjake »

dynaflash wrote:The Mac Gui has no "Destination Bar"
?

This is an old screenshot, but the only thing that's changed in the latest svn is a little indentation:
http://handbrake.m0k.org/trac/attachmen ... nation.png
vaderlover88

Post by vaderlover88 »

Yes. This is what I mean by destination bar. Where you select where you want your video saved. And, I swear it's on the Mac version, which I've downloaded (a second time) from the site.
Bear Hunter

Post by Bear Hunter »

I don't know why it wouldn't be showing up...have you tried setting the destination to your desktop?
vaderlover88

Post by vaderlover88 »

yeah-- desktop, as well as other folders.
Bear Hunter

Post by Bear Hunter »

I have no idea man. What format are you trying to convert to?
scathey

Having the same problem. Saving file but can't find it after

Post by scathey »

I'm having the same problem too! Before when I saved the files they would appear on my desktop. But while I was playing with the settings to try and make the image clearer I would stop the encoding so I can check on how well the video looked. After a couple times now that I try to encode it won't show me the file anymore. Even if I wait til encoding is done, I can't find the file. Maybe it was fed up with me stopping the encoding in the middle all the time? I'm doing a MP4 file which looks like it has default setting except I altered the picture settings (croped the screen) deinterlace: fast and denoise: strong, but those settings wouldn't mess with the file saving would it? Even when I set it to default it still won't show the file.
baggss

Post by baggss »

I saw this after upgrading to 10.5. However, if I open a Finder Window and select the desktop the files appear as if by magic....