Invitation to a community Discord server

Random chit-chat and anything that doesn't belong elsewhere
@Aqua

Invitation to a community Discord server

Post by @Aqua »

Hi everyone! I'm a frequent user of the Handbrake software and a big fan. I have this afternoon created a community discord server for it so we can help out and give each other tips and tricks. I am myself definitely no pro or expert user but a happy learner and like to contribute with what I can. So I want to invite you to the server over here https://discord.io/Handbrake. Hope we can grow together. :)

(Please note that I appreciate this forum much and have linked to it from inside the server, we are not affiliated but I think we can co-exist and provide good discussions on both platforms).
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Invitation to a community Discord server

Post by s55 »

While I appreciate the enthusiasm, I'd rather you didn't use the HandBrake name as channel like this. It really needs to be clear that this is an unofficial channel that's not affiliated with the project.

Even on this forum, some people don't realise that they are talking to other community members and not necessarily a member of the HandBrake team which has caused issues in the past.
@Aqua

Post by @Aqua »

Hi s55!

Thanks for you reply. I spent some good amount of time trying to build up a server, you are very welcome to hop in an give me some pointers to more clearly separate the official vs. this more fan made. I call the sever community server and will never mention anywhere that it a official channel. The first line in the welcome message prompts "You have reached the unofficial.." and I try to mention it repeatedly on different sections and texts from within.

I will try my best making sure it always cleary states unofficial/not affiliated. If you have the time please join so we together make sure it works and looks in the brands favor as well.

Kind Regards
RandomEngy
Novice

Post by RandomEngy »

I've actually thought that moving the official chat to Discord would be a good idea. It would make it easier for people to join, and would provide some nice features like search and viewing messages sent when offline. Has it been discussed before?