Create video no more than 1.5 GB

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
donjosecarlos

Create video no more than 1.5 GB

Post by donjosecarlos »

Description of problem or question:
Hello everyone!
I am compressing movies to upload to a resource of no more than 1.5 GB.
Sometimes it turns out that I do not correctly specify the settings before compression and the output file is more than 1.5 GB.
Is it possible to look in the program for the size of the final file before the start of the compression process?
If view the file size before starting the compression process, I will save precious time!

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.3.2):

Operating system and version ( Windows 10 Pro):
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Create video no more than 1.5 GB

Post by mduell »

Divide 1.5GB by the length of your longest video to get a bitrate. Substract the audio bitrate. Use the remainder as your video bitrate.
donjosecarlos

Post by donjosecarlos »

The fact of the matter is that I have a lot of video files (movies). All are of different sizes.
Performing calculations for everyone is not an easy task!
If there is no such function that I ask about, it would be nice if the developers add this feature.
At the moment, I compress 10% of the full file and look at the size of the output file, multiply by 10 to get the final size. But even this is not convenient, it takes a lot of time in total.
mduell
Veteran User

Post by mduell »

Developers gave up on that long ago due to the difficulty of determining the length of the movie accurately and users doing mostly dumb things with it.