How do I import all audio and subtitles automatically with the same seetings as the original source?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Piipperi

How do I import all audio and subtitles automatically with the same seetings as the original source?

Post by Piipperi »

Description of problem or question:
Currently I have to manually add/import all audio and subtitle tracks manually and even thought that seems simple I still manage to get some setting wrong and my subtitles don’t work

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 & Windows 10 x64 Pro

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: How do I import all audio and subtitles automatically with the same seetings as the original source?

Post by Woodstock »

With no ability to see what you're doing, it is hard to say how to fix it. That is why we need logs.

Not all audio codecs or subtitle types are acceptable in particular containers. If you are trying to write to MP4 files, you are particularly limited. MKV files can accept more types. Some source audio types are not supported for pass-through in handbrake.

So please, give us a chance to help you, by providing logs to show what you're trying to do and what choices you're making.