optmal settings handbrake for plex on samsung UHD55 7000 series

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
sangetsu0412
New User

optmal settings handbrake for plex on samsung UHD55 7000 series

Post by sangetsu0412 »

Description of problem or question:
Hello,
I'm a conversion beginner.
I try to convert my dvd's and bluerays to mkv/hvec/mp4 files with handbrake.
This works ok,
I have one problem. The files play fine on my computer, but as soon as i put them on my nas to use in plex that streams to my samsung tv, i get the error
“player_error_not_supported_file (avplay)”
I petitioned samsung , they say it's because of plex
then i petitioned plex, but they say i'ts becasue of samsung.
So now i'm looking for optimal settings so i can play my handbrake converted movies/series via plex on my samsung tv.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
convert to mkv
upload to nas
update plex server
play file on plex app on samsung tv, no casting via phone since cabled connection = faster
error after 5 min of 'loading' a 300 mb file. (i have cat6 utp cable connected network and gigabit speed on router

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows 10 x64 home
intel core i7 cpu
msi rtx 20xx series gpu
16 gb ddr4 ram

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)
i'm at work, i'll upload later today.

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
akyhne

Re: optmal settings handbrake for plex on samsung UHD55 7000 series

Post by akyhne »

What encoder level are you using on the [Video] tab of HB? If it's an older TV, it might not go higher than level 5.0 MAIN or similar.
In the TV's manual, you can see what level it goes to with different formats. Force it to a level that the TV supports.

Could also be that the TV doesn't support the audio format. Try with a simple stereo aac audio.