resizing

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
miltk

resizing

Post by miltk »

Description of problem or question:

new to this forum.
does handbrake have a resizing option. ie the ability to max the vertical or horizontal to fit a screen

thx

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
have not downloaded as yet

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
windows7

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: resizing

Post by Woodstock »

Yes. It's on the Dimensions tab.
miltk

Post by miltk »

i saw that.
i'm used to pocketdivxencoder which had a visual real time clip that i could visually resize. pde doesn't work anymore

anyway, so ok i did notice the dimension tab. here's the deal ...this particular dvd, a korean drama, was not formatted properly. ie, when i play the dvd the it is shown in a 4:3 format with the widescreen film within that.(i don't know if i'm explaining it properly but hopefully you know what i mean). the image does not fill the tv screen. i want to resize the film to fit the screen, but where i did this visually with pde, what are the correct dimensions to do this in handbrake
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

The HandBrake scan log of the DVD will tell us more, check the red banner up top.
miltk

Post by miltk »

i think i'm okay. the default selection of "anamorphic" is doing the trick i think. the default settings in dimensions work on my computer playback. i try to watch it on my tv

thx