Preset File Location

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
cw2

Preset File Location

Post by cw2 »

Description of problem or question:

I built a new computer and I forgot to export my presets to transfer to the new drive. I have a hard drive dock so I can access the old hard drive but when I run handbrake from the old drive my saved presets don't show up. Where can I find the presets? I'm hoping I didn't accidentally delete them when I backed everything up.

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10
BradleyS

Re: Preset File Location

Post by BradleyS »

See the info at the bottom of this page for location info: https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/1.2.0/help ... y-log.html

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake
cw2

Post by cw2 »

Thanks BradleyS I was able to find what I think are the presets. Now I'm trying to figure out how to import them. The files are xml but it looks like HandBrake is looking for .plist. Thanks! I've been using handbrake for years but this stuff is all new to me.
video.baba
Novice

Post by video.baba »

You haven't mention Handbrake versions, both old and new. Presets are 'JSON' files. (example: presets.json)
cw2

Post by cw2 »

The version which the presets were saved on was 0.10.5.0. The version which I'm trying to import them to is 1.2.2. The only files I see other than que recovery is presets, settings, user_presets. All as xml files.
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

What your trying to do, isn't supported I'ma afraid. There isn't an upgrade path available for the older format.