Need help encoding MIllCreek Married with Children DVDs

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
skysurf76

Need help encoding MIllCreek Married with Children DVDs

Post by skysurf76 »

Description of problem or question:
MwC is one of my favorite shows. Most recent version of Kodi on FireTv took away de-interlacer so now there are interlace lines everywhere while watching the rips (I own the DVDs). I have tried avidemux and never got good results. Finally tried handbrake and the defaults were really good. Used 29.97 frame rate, audio auto pass through, and left the decomb at default. Used default two pass with turbo first pass. Setting was 17 (don't care about space, Al deserves the space). Anyway, I'm mostly happy with the results, but now anywhere there seems to be bright colors or complex patterns there is this weird pixalationy sort of thing happening.

Anyway, I know Married with Children was filmed on magnetic media so I'm not expecting to get it to blue ray quality, I'm just shooting for original DVD quality.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Need help encoding MIllCreek Married with Children DVDs

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html