Help with Missing Audio Tracks and Audio Syncing

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
peterbill

Help with Missing Audio Tracks and Audio Syncing

Post by peterbill »

Description of problem or question:

I recorded some footage with nvidia shadowplay but when going to edit I realized that the audio was out of sync with the video. I looked it up and learned that it does this because shadowplay records in variable framerate and that it causes the audio to go out of sync. (I use Vegas and I heard it supports variable framerates but when I put the video in the timeline it still is out of sync) I was told to fix this you just need to use a program called handbrake to convert the video to constant framerate and the audio gets synced. I did this and the audio was synced, however handbrake only used the system audio and either deleted or didnt put in my audio. So you can hear the game and my friends talking through discord, but my microphone audio isn't present in the new synced video at all. I've tried messing around with handbrake to try and fix it but it always only includes the one audio track of system audio. I know I can just use different recording software and not have this problem anymore, but is there any way to fix the footage I already have because I don't want to just scrap it. Is there another program I can use or some other option in handbrake or Vegas I haven't done yet?

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

Select source mp4 video. Select 60fps constant framerate in video tab. Slide quality slider all the way to the right in video tab. Change bitrate to 192 in audio tab. All other settings are default. Select file destination. Start Encode.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Version 1.0.7

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 10 64bit
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Help with Missing Audio Tracks and Audio Syncing

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Help with Missing Audio Tracks and Audio Syncing

Post by mduell »

Also update to 1.2.2 or the nightly, since 1.0.7 isn't supported anymore.