encoder tune" in video tab

HandBrake for Windows support
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
killerpot

encoder tune" in video tab

Post by killerpot »

question "encoder tune" in video tab https://imgur.com/yKf5CJO i always let that to none it's ok? most of the thing i encode are bluray.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
1.2.0 ans 1.2.2

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

windows 7 64 bits

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Last edited by killerpot on Wed May 01, 2019 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: constant quality fractional granularity ???

Post by Woodstock »

If you do not know what it does, why is finer control over it important to you?
killerpot

Re: encoder tune" in video tab

Post by killerpot »

why you anser that insted of tell me what i does i just find it finally https://www.reddit.com/r/handbrake/comm ... rf_to_215/

but thx
Woodstock
Veteran User

Re: encoder tune" in video tab

Post by Woodstock »

Your pre-edited question was, essentially, "what does the RF value do, and how do I make it so I can set non-integer values". Encoder tunes were not mentioned.

My question still stands, though. If you don't know what it does, knowing how to set it in smaller increments seems to be a silly request.

On the link you provided, the answer given was "I'm trying to do something someone else did", which is not a very good answer.

The handbrake GUI has an advanced setting in preferences for granularity. Mine's set at 0.25, but I can't recall ever setting it to a non-integer value. As mduell pointed out in the reddit link, the difference, visually, between 21, 21.5, and 22 is not much.

"Tunes" are ways to accommodate some issue with the source. "None" is a perfectly good setting, most of the time.